Township Updates ...
Negaunee Township recently added solar panels to the roof of the Township Hall to help lower energy costs. Tax funds received from the Marijuana Excise Tax were used for the project. To track the solar energy click on the link below (not compatible with Internet Explorer).
Sanitation Pick-Up Time Changed to 4:00 a.m. Effective 9/1/21
Tennis / Pickleball Court
The resurfacing of the tennis/ pickleball court is complete. Come check it out.
Public Safety & Health Notice - COVID-19
Consistent with the direction of the Centers for Disease Control and the Governor of Michigan, the following actions are being taken pertaining to Negaunee Township operations.:
Township offices reopened for payments effective 6/1/2021. Masks are still required for non-vaccinated individuals. Payments can also be made using the outside payment drop box, over the phone or online using a credit / debit card.
In person meetings with Township staff can take place by appointment.
- Facility rentals for the Community Center have resumed. Please contact the Township office for additional
- People paying bills are still permitted at the office but encouraged to use the drop box or to mail payments.
- The office is closed to in person meetings to the extent possible. If someone needs to meet with Township staff,
it will be scheduled on an as needed basis.
- Public works services will continue as normal.
- The Library drop box will stay open and continue to be collected.
- Rubbish Drop Off is still scheduled monthly.
These decisions are made to help ensure the safety and health of all in our community. Thank you everyone for being understanding and for your cooperation.
The following links provide up to date information and guidelines regarding COVID-19.