Planning & Zoning Dept
Zoning Administrator: Nicholas Leach
MASTER PLAN SURVEY LINK: CLICK HERE
*** NOTE: Survey completion date has been extended to 8/30/2022***
Planning & Zoning Services
Negaunee Township's Planning and Zoning Department is responsible for providing the following services:
- Administration and enforcement of the Negaunee Township's land use and development regulations (Zoning Ordinance).
- Staff support to the Planning Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Completion of long-range planning studies and programs for the Township, such as the Township Master Planand other planning studies as directed by the Planning Commission and Township Board.
- Enforcement of other Township regulatory ordinances, such as those relating to storage of inoperable vehicles.
- Provide information to Township residents, businesses and the general public regarding regulations affecting the use and development of land in the Township.
- Issues land use permits.
The Planning and Zoning Department seeks to maintain the high quality living environment that residents of the Township enjoy and value, and ensure that the Township continues to have a mix of successful retail, service and manufacturing businesses that provide goods and services for residents, a source of local employment and a strong and diversified tax base.